So it’s that time of year again – I keep finding myself seated in a peculiarly meditative fashion, reflecting on the past year. The mistakes, the successes, the great ideas and the less great ideas come back bit by bit, as I try to piece the year together and see how it flew by so fast.
It’s been a year of massive change for me. I’ve been out of New Zealand for just over a year now, and while I was originally bound for Europe, I have since landed quite happily on my feet in Singapore.
With my life looking like it’s getting on some sort of track, and great things on the horizon, here’s what I want to achieve in 2012.
My 2012 Resolutions:
1) Develop my creativity and ideation capabilities. Push the envelope in every project I do.
2) Become fluent in Rhino 3D.
1) Hit the gym at least 3 times a week.
2) Match my alcohol consumption with my gym attendance – 1 pint = 1 gym session.
3) Compete in the 2012 Men’s Health Urbanathlon.
4) Develop my ground fighting abilities at Fightworks Asia.
1) Travel through Japan.
2) Visit Mum and Dad in Salisbury, UK.
3) Go on more weekend trips to nearby countries – Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia etc.
1) Get back to drawing.
2) Live more sensibly.
3) Improve my sense of fashion.
4) Get my blog caught up to present (yes, I’m STILL writing up my travels in China – stay tuned for that)
5) Learn Mandarin.
Phew. That’s a list. I’ll get to work on it tomorrow.
What’s your plans/hopes/dreams for the year to come?